The Twins hold a small pre-season tournament in September at the Iceplex. Various teams have exhibition games in September and October. Assignments will be directed to benefit slotting new referees and promoting returning referees.
To ease the assignment process, these guidelines will be used for the 2014-2015 regular season.
- “AA” assignments will be sent out as soon as they are received as the season starts on October 11, 2014.
- “A” and House League assignments will be sent out as soon as they are received, usually on the 24th of October or so, as the season starts on October 25, 2014.
The Regular Process:
It will start on the 15th of every month for games of the following month. (For example, an email will be sent on November 15, 2014 for games starting on December 1, 2014)
- Availabilities/requests shall be returned to the assignor by the 18th at noon.
- Assignments will be posted online on the 22nd at noon.
- Confirmation of receipt by the official is to be done by the 25th at noon.
- All game returns must be done by email, which would include a valid reason for the return.
- Confirmation will be sent out once received by the assignor.
- 48 hour notice.
- Anything within 48 hours would necessitate a phone call or text as well as an email asap.
- Do not swap games with your peers.
Selections for playoffs will be made on the same basis as promotions (see here) and will be completed by February 15th.
Depending on which age categories South Winnipeg receives, some officials might work more than one playoff series. Due to the variability of games, assignments will be made on a week-by-week basis. If you are working a series, check your email daily, as you will have only 24 hours to respond.
The Christmas Classic and Spring Classic Tournaments will be assigned as soon as the schedules are finalized, usually one week before the start date.
Various House League tournaments are not assigned by SWHA, but if any are held within SWHA boundaries, SWHA officials will be used. Your information shall be forwarded to the appropriate person and they will contact you.